Hair-loss products are produced with intent to protect hair from getting thinner or broken and to strengthen and nourish the hair and scalp. From ancient era, human has found out that hair is an inevitable part of their beauty and fashion. If a person had healthy hair, then it was considered that, he or she was from a highly fertile land, or, was from a rich family.
There are several types of hair loss products. These can be categorized as following:
These remedies are used for many years. Although anyone can dismiss them considering them as ancient, their effectiveness cannot be easily ignored. These are:
1. Hair massage using a solution of sage tea and apple cider vinegar
2. The almond oil, castor oil, olive oil and amla oil benefit hair when it is massaged into the scalp after warming it. After 30-45 minutes, it should be shampooed out.
3. A mix of egg yolk and honey can be applied on hair and scalp. After 30-45 minutes, it should be shampooed out.
It is one of the most common and easiest ways to take care of hair. It has several benefits including restoring hair growth, strengthening and thickening the hair. It is better and cheaper than chemically based treatments. It is always suggested to visit a herbalist to discuss regarding the herbal treatment. There are several herbal remedies can be great help to prevent hair loss:
1. Green tea
2. Aloe vera
3. Indian gooseberry
6. Polygonum multiflorum, a traditional Chinese herb
However, it should be remembered that, if a person faces any allergic problem after using it, he/she should alter the remedy as soon as possible.
Vitamin and supplements can be an effective alternative to these remedies. They provide nutrients from the inside of a body.
1. Minoxidil (Rogain): it is effective for both men and women. It can be bought without prescription. It assists to regrow hair.
2. Finasteride (Propecia): it is considered one of the best hair loss products for some people. Prescription is required to buy this medicine.
3. Ketoconazole: it is an anti-fungal. It is used as supplement for the treatment of hair loss.
There are many hair thickening fibers, which are used to conceal the thinned hair. Chemical fiber is harmful for hair; therefore, it is better to avoid them. It has various injurious effects on both hair and scalp. Hair thickening fibers are easily applicable. It is safe and unnoticeable. It works like small magnets.
Other options can be using a wig, especially for men. It is often considered to be cheap, easy and the best option.